Actually when you try to start writing a new database one of the first things Base asks is where
the back-end is.  It assumes you will be using an external back-end.  This is actually a feature
that makes Base FAR MORE powerful than Access.  With Access you really have to fight against it if
you want it to use an external back-end.  it's a painful struggle that leads to further problems in
the future and keeps breaking.  Base has no such trouble.

By contrast it's really easy with Base and is even the default way of using Base.  If anything we
should turn the sentence around and say something like
"Base can also be used with an internal back-end making it a single file"
but it's difficult to avoid giving people the impression that Access is more powerful than Base
when in fact it isn't.

Forget trying to sell Base to people that want an Access clone.  Why not aim higher at people that
want to bring their powerful MySql/MariaDB or Postgresql data into office documents.  Or aim at
people that are tired of sluggish confusion from  Access when all they want is a little address
book.  Or both.  Base is extremely scalable.  Access is not.   Access has trouble if more than 1
person wants to read/write data to it at the same time.  Base has no such trouble.

The question, again, is how to sell on the strengths of LibreOffice
rather than trying to deny the weaknesses?  The strength in this case is
 that it's MUCH easier to get Base to connect to powerful or "tiny but
extremely fast" back-ends.