[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Please enable static strings from Pootle
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Please enable static strings from Pootle
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:38:57 +0200
- To: Michael Wolf <email@example.com>, Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Martin Srebotnjak <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Michael Wolf wrote:
Yes, thank you Florian for your reminder.
Six weeks have been past now since I asked to migrate the Pootle strings to the websites. The websites still do not work correctly.
this is really unfortunate, apologies for that. What seems missing is to add some more strings to Pootle, Cloph will look into that tomorrow.
In general, this discussion reveals we clearly need to have more shoulders to split this work on. Lots of things block on Cloph and a bus factor of 1 is never ideal and leads to long waiting times - which is also frustrating to the community, and the least thing I want is to demotivate people.
I want to find a way to make the process easier, by either giving others access to Pootle and share the knowledge, or finding a different way for website localizations. It's indeed been a constant problem in the past, and we need to clearly improve here.
Cloph, do you think we can publish a howto what steps are required, so we can distribute the load here to more shoulders in the future? Do you have other ideas?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Please enable static strings from Pootle
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-website] Infra call on Tue, Apr 16 at 16:30 UTC
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Please enable static strings from Pootle
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Please enable static strings from Pootle