[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID
- From: Per Eriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:22:35 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Florian Effenberger skrev 2010-10-11 22:07:
I actually have that in mind, any sort of SSO -- LDAP or own OpenID, something like that. Any input is welcome, have no real idea of it ;)
Of course SSO, as I was referring to, means that you sign on once, and not several times with the same account. My ideas are more on the track of using the same account to identify yourself and without the need to register several accounts.
Some of the pros of OpenID are:
* No need to register additional accounts. Only the need to apply rights to accounts in enabled systems.
* Saves time for the user.
* Can be reused by the user for other services outside TDF.
* Already several implementations for open source programming languages.
And some cons:
* Somewhat higher security risk. On the other hand, we don't store financial data or something similar.
* If you get any problems with your account, it will affect all services.
What do others think? Do we have other technologies to concider? Or any objections/additions to the list? :-)
To unsubscribe, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
|Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID||Benjamin Horst <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-website] OpenID||Per Eriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID||Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Wiki Discussion (Reboot)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] How to navigate the Wiki?
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] OpenID