Re: [libreoffice-website] CMS requirements / suitability testing

Hi Christian and everybody, I'm glad to help.

>> [user-friendly URLS]
> [...]
> Not sure whether it 100%covers the requirement, but surely >90%

What still not covered? To search for it.

> >> * Support for Translations
> What I meant is that the system should keep track of the translations,
> not do/assist in the actual translation. I.e. Show a list of available
> translations, offer a way to add a new translation, make those
> translations available in the visitor-visible site.
> And yes, given the vast amount of available modules, extensions,
> whatnot for drupal, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a solution
> already. But hunting for those takes time....

Sorry for putting the link again, but in the
http://drupal.org/project/i18n this
module was listed:

http://drupal.org/project/translation_management

And this screenshot :P http://drupal.org/node/841332

This site explains the workflow, I think this is exactly what you need, but
again, this is Drupal, it's very customizable:

http://drupal-translation.com/content/translation-process-overview

> [...] User database
> > table can be share between subsites but this is an advanced thing.
>
> This is unfortunate. I mentioned subsites especially for sharing the
> users, as many people in the OOo-project are active in different
> subprojects, and I expect it to be similar with TDF/LO.

I did a Drupal site with shared logins/users/content long time ago, I needed
to update myself. I did a research about that and found that this has
evolved a lot. I've found this:

http://drupal.org/project/domain

The description is:

The Domain Access project is a suite of modules that provide tools for
running a group of affiliated sites from one Drupal installation and a
single shared database. The module allows you to share users, content, and
configurations across a group of sites.

You can see several screenshots here:

http://neemtree.com.au/sharing-content-users-and-configurations-across-multiple-drupal-sites

> * sufficiently sophisticated user-rights system
> Oh, that's not what I meant. I mean assigning rights to modify user
> permissions to a group of people, without those people having access
> to modify every user.

I think you need this: http://drupal.org/project/role_delegation
I really think Drupal permission system is the most advanced of the CMSs out
there and one of most distinguishable feature.

> Drupal people really hate screenshots, do they? ;->

Yes, we do xD jajaja

> > Check out this video about that:
> > http://www.lullabot.com/videos/drupal-actions-and-workflow-video
>
> Just states "missing plugin" without stating for what media type...
> but I could download and watch - but unfortunately was a waste of time :-(

Sorry, I though It will be helpful :(

> What I meant with workfow is: Author modifies a page, but cannot
> publish to live site. He requests review/publication and then another
> user with more privileges can either approve it, edit it and approve,
> comment on it and do nothing else, or reject it with a comment.

Reprise of:
http://drupal-translation.com/content/translation-process-overview

Quote: "Translations can either be published automatically or wait for your
review."

> So with burden here I meant "the only thing that prevents abuse in
> this regard, the only thing a malicious user has to overcome"
>
> Only way to control this is double-opt in like for mailinglists.

Double check it's optional on the core. Check this screenshot on one of my
sites:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4029/doublecheck.png

Cheers

--