Hi Keith,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Keith Williams
<kwilliams@thoughtfarmproductions.com> wrote:
[...]
I would set out some tasks that the CMS will need to facilitate and judge
from that.

See the start of the thread.

 I also think that you will find that using Drupal's solr search
and integrated commenting / discussion features will help to open up
participation by people.

silverstripe has that as well, as shown on the Faq-page of the demo:
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:7780/faq

Drupal might have a huge amount of extensions, a huge userbase and a
huge amount of followers, but as mentioned that doesn't matter to me.

Believe me:
I set up the mentioned guidelines/requiremente *before* looking for a
cms to try out myself, and not after playing with silverstripe.

And of course I visited pages like drupal and whatnot (used
wikipedia's overview as a starting point).

silverstripe was the first one where I could determine it would suite
my  needs without spending hours on the corresponding website.

Go to:

http://api.drupal.org and see the documentation

Check out the amount of documentation and information is available for
configuring and managing Drupal.  Does silverstripe have the same?

Of course silverstipe has api documentation, (
http://api.silverstripe.org/ ) documentation on how to configure the
modules, support fora, etc.
by looking at the api site, the list of core modules is very short.
(i.e. those that are maintained by the core developers of
silverstripe). But the point is also that it doesn't need that much
documentation, that the new site doesn't need much more than that.

You guys always demand that you definitely must try drupal - but did
/*you*/ have a closer look at silverstripe yet?

[..]
Anyway,  I like Drupal obviously, but this isn't blind love.  If I found
something that I could develop as fast with and not do boring forms and
reports by hand then I'd look into it.

See - same for me. Found silverstripe. It does what I want it do, thus
I'm happy with it, and the  urge to look out for alternative
significantly diminished.

Fullquote snipped. Please do inline quoting without fullquotes.

ciao
Christian