Hi Jonathan, *;

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM, jzacsh <jzacsh@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you really want "static" html files?

Static as in "have it look for a pregenerated copy, if present serve
that, otherwise generate it and hand it out"

Or do you mean caching?

I mean pregenerated html that could be served by apache or whatever
other webserver alone.
The website will not be the only purpose of thesite, so it should play
nice with ressources.

[...]
I'm not sure why you want to see a demo installation of any one CMS,

SInce that is the best method to actually try it out/prove all who say
"CMS X fullfills all your requirements and your grandmother could use
it".

(just to poke around the interfaces?) - you need to know a CMS in order to know what you're
 looking at, otherwise you're left to simply be impressed with nice themes

No, the contrary is the case. I want the demo to get away from the
themes, nice looking pages site. See the zikula example - having a
look in the actual CMS /very/ quickly showed that it is not suitable
for the intended use.

So the other way is true: You need to have some knowledge of the CMS
to setup a site that meets the requirements.

Drupals demo at http://php.opensourcecms.com is not helpful in
presenting drupal as a system that fulfills all the requirements.

* I can see no way to add translations for a page
* The editor is just a text-entry box
* there seems no way to get an overview of created pages - you create
pages just to never find them again - all you have is a simple list
* I cannot see a way to have a hierarchy (only very, very limited),
and the URLs while plain, are not human-readable (the nodes/<number>
style)

If that all that was to drupal, I'd never consider it.

ciao
Christian