Hi Christian and dear community,

thanks for the reply, especially for the scrrenshots :-)

You're welcome Christian.

[user-friendly URLS]
Judging from the links, it still appeared to me that you need to do
stuff manually/you're limited to whatever pattern is defined. / you're
not free to name it whatever you like.

You can define static URL if you like to, per-page basis (say, main
navigation pages):

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2293/urlperpage.png

And for dinamic content (say, news, articles, whatever content types do you
configure) you can define patterns in a per-content tyoe basis. Patterns are
really powerful, you can even put on the URL field specific information:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9974/urlpercontenttype.png

Just to give you a rough idea, this are the replacement patterns of one of
my simplest sites without much things (sorry for the ugly dump :S):

Use -raw replacements for text to avoid problems with HTML entities.
[book]The title of the node's book parent.
[book_id]The id of the node's book parent.
[bookpath]The titles of all parents in the node's book hierarchy.
[book-raw]The unfiltered title of the node's book parent. WARNING - raw user
input.
[bookpath-raw]The unfiltered titles of all parents in the node's book
hierarchy. WARNING - raw user input.
[nid]Node ID
[type]Node type
[type-name]Node type (user-friendly version)
[language]Node language
[title]Node title
[title-raw]Unfiltered node title. WARNING - raw user input.
[author-uid]Node author's user id
[author-name]Node author's user name
[author-name-raw]Node author's user name. WARNING - raw user input.
[author-mail]Node author's e-mail.
[author-mail-raw]Node author's e-mail. WARNING - raw user input.
[term]Name of top taxonomy term
[term-raw]Unfiltered name of top taxonomy term. WARNING - raw user input.
[term-id]ID of top taxonomy term
[vocab]Name of top term's vocabulary
[vocab-raw]Unfiltered name of top term's vocabulary. WARNING - raw user
input.
[vocab-id]ID of top term's vocabulary
[yyyy]Node creation year (four digit)
[yy]Node creation year (two digit)
[month]Node creation month (full word)
[mon]Node creation month (abbreviated)
[mm]Node creation month (two digit, zero padded)
[m]Node creation month (one or two digit)
[ww]Node creation week (two digit)
[date]Node creation date (day of month)
[day]Node creation day (full word)
[ddd]Node creation day (abbreviation)
[dd]Node creation day (two digit, zero-padded)
[d]Node creation day (one or two digit)
[mod-????]All tokens for node creation dates can also be used with with the
"mod-" prefix; doing so will use the modification date rather than the
creation date.
[menu]The name of the menu the node belongs to.
[menu-raw]The name of the menu the node belongs to. WARNING - raw user
input.
[menupath]The menu path (as reflected in the breadcrumb), not including Home
or [menu]. Separated by /.
[menupath-raw]The unfiltered menu path (as reflected in the breadcrumb), not
including Home or [menu]. Separated by /. WARNING - raw user input.
[menu-link-title]The text used in the menu as link text for this item.
[menu-link-title-raw]The unfiltered text used in the menu as link text for
this item. WARNING - raw user input.
[ogname]Title of top group
[ogname-raw]Unfiltered title of top group. WARNING - raw user input.
[og-id]ID of top group[og-type]Type of top group
[ogalias]URL alias for the top group.
[termpath]As [term], but including its supercategories separated by /.
[termpath-raw]As [term-raw], but including its supercategories separated by
/. WARNING - raw user input.
[termalias]URL alias for the term.
[bookpathalias]URL alias for the parent book.
[node-teaser]The node teaser.
[node-body]The node body.
[node-url]The node view url for read more links.
[node-teaser-raw]Unfiltered node teaser. WARNING - raw user input.
[node-body-raw]Unfiltered node body. WARNING - raw user input.
[field_event_place-raw]Raw, unfiltered text
[field_event_place-formatted]Formatted and filtered text
[field_software_os-raw]Raw, unfiltered text
[field_software_os-formatted]Formatted and filtered text
[field_software_arch-raw]Raw, unfiltered text
[field_software_arch-formatted]Formatted and filtered text
[field_software_license-raw]Raw, unfiltered text
[field_software_license-formatted]Formatted and filtered text
[field_event_date-value]The raw date value.
[field_event_date-view]The formatted date.
[field_event_date-timestamp]The raw date timestamp.
[field_event_date-yyyy]Date year (four digit)
[field_event_date-yy]Date year (two digit)
[field_event_date-month]Date month (full word)
[field_event_date-mon]Date month (abbreviated)
[field_event_date-mm]Date month (two digit, zero padded)
[field_event_date-m]Date month (one or two digit)
[field_event_date-ww]Date week (two digit)
[field_event_date-date]Date date (YYYY-MM-DD)
[field_event_date-datetime]Date datetime (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS)
[field_event_date-day]Date day (full word)
[field_event_date-ddd]Date day (abbreviation)
[field_event_date-dd]Date day (two digit, zero-padded)
[field_event_date-d]Date day (one or two digit)
[field_event_date-time]Time H:i
[field_event_date-to-????]If the field has a to-date defined, the same
tokens exist in the form: [to-????], where ???? is the normal token.
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-fid]File
ID[field_software_screenshot-filefield-description]File description
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-filename]File name
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-filepath]File path
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-filemime]File MIME type
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-filesize]File size (in bytes)
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-filesize_formatted]File size (pretty
printed)
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-view]Fully formatted HTML file tag
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-onlyname]File name without extension
[field_software_screenshot-filefield-extension]File extension
[field_software_homepage-url]Link URL
[field_software_homepage-title]Link title
[field_software_homepage-view]Formatted html link
[field_software_download-url]Link URL
[field_software_download-title]Link title
[field_software_download-view]Formatted html link

Sorry again, as you could see, this is highly customizable and extensible.

(As for redirecting, silverstripe handles this either with explicit
redirect pages or virtual pages, that act like a complete copy was
present)

Redirects are called "URL Aliases" by Drupal. Check this screenshot of one
of my sites (sorry, GUI in Spanish):

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/281/drupalurlaliases.png

 >> * Support for Translations
A overview for the whole site  - wheras silverbox provides it for each
page.

You can have per-page translation with this one:
http://drupal.org/project/i18nui but is not as powerfull as the other one.
You can complement with http://drupal.org/project/translation_overview but
it up to you how you want it. Anyway, from what I see in here
http://doc.silverstripe.org/multilingualcontent, I see nothing Drupal must
envy to Silverstripe, but Silverstripe has much to envy to Drupal on this
particular field :P My appreciation :P

* sufficiently sophisticated user-rights system

Not quite what I had in mind - I was thinking about adding memberst to
groups that have those rules applied.
Ie. each subsite has access restricitions by that group, i.e. only
members of that group can edit the site's content, there would be
subgroups site/authors, site/publisher, site/admins where the members
would be added to. Assigning roles directly would loose that
overview/or you would hae to create those rules for each subsite.

For me, again, this can be modeled with roles-permission system, but is a
mater of choice I think. You can share roles between sub-sites, but you're
right on that point, because each sub-sites has particular modules and
configuration, you will have to tune correctly those role permissions on
each sub-site. I don't see that as a burden o problem, because I think is a
feature.

[workflow]
Yes, but of course this should not only apply to translations.

Other content types can be done with the Workflow module of my first
e-mail.

I at least want not each new member to publish directly. I'd rather
wait for some submissions first that prove that they know how to work
with the site, etc. After they are reasonably confident with the tool,
they can be promoted to publishers.

Personally, for me this is pure role-permission based administration. And
for that, you have a lot of tools available for Drupal.

Changing subject, I thin you will found Organic Groups module useful for
each group/team/comittee : http://drupal.org/project/og

Should not be hard to modify the existing form to use it, it's just
not available by default.

On Drupal? Yes, it is available by default... well, if you mean by "default"
things available on the core system. If you mean by "default" "enable by
default", well, no. I do agree with the quote Benjamin put on his e-mail,
Drupal default installation is extremely minimalist because it is intended
to be highly customized, just like Debian :P Well... anyway... I'm pretty
sure the module it's enable by default, you just have to change the
radio-buttons on the configuration page.

Cheers.

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/
http://csl-tec.softwarelibrecr.org/