Hi Carlos,

thanks for the reply, especially for the scrrenshots :-)

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Carlos Jenkins <hastciberneo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Christian and everybody, I'm glad to help.

[user-friendly URLS]
[...]
Not sure whether it 100%covers the requirement, but surely >90%

What still not covered? To search for it.

Judging from the links, it still appeared to me that you need to do
stuff manually/you're limited to whatever pattern is defined. / you're
not free to name it whatever you like.

(As for redirecting, silverstripe handles this either with explicit
redirect pages or virtual pages, that act like a complete copy was
present)

 >> * Support for Translations
[...]
http://drupal.org/project/translation_management

And this screenshot :P http://drupal.org/node/841332

Yay - thanks - this is more like it :-)
A overview for the whole site  - wheras silverbox provides it for each page.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/multilingualcontent

[...] User database

Thanks for the update on this one.

* sufficiently sophisticated user-rights system
Oh, that's not what I meant. I mean assigning rights to modify user
permissions to a group of people, without those people having access
to modify every user.

I think you need this: http://drupal.org/project/role_delegation
I really think Drupal permission system is the most advanced of the CMSs out
there and one of most distinguishable feature.

Not quite what I had in mind - I was thinking about adding memberst to
groups that have those rules applied.
Ie. each subsite has access restricitions by that group, i.e. only
members of that group can edit the site's content, there would be
subgroups site/authors, site/publisher, site/admins where the members
would be added to. Assigning roles directly would loose that
overview/or you would hae to create those rules for each subsite.

Drupal people really hate screenshots, do they? ;->

Yes, we do xD jajaja

:-)

[workflow]
Reprise of:
http://drupal-translation.com/content/translation-process-overview

Quote: "Translations can either be published automatically or wait for your
review."

Yes, but of course this should not only apply to translations.

I at least want not each new member to publish directly. I'd rather
wait for some submissions first that prove that they know how to work
with the site, etc. After they are reasonably confident with the tool,
they can be promoted to publishers.

So with burden here I meant "the only thing that prevents abuse in
this regard, the only thing a malicious user has to overcome"

Only way to control this is double-opt in like for mailinglists.

Double check it's optional on the core. Check this screenshot on one of my
sites:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4029/doublecheck.png

Thanks, yes - that is what I had in mind.
Should not be hard to modify the existing form to use it, it's just
not available by default.

ciao
Christian