On 2011/07/05 3:57 PM  Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Jean, Sigrid, all,

thanks for your mails that allow me to go a step further:

Sigrid Carrera schrieb:
Hi Jean, Bernhard, *all,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 06:49:04 +1000 Jean Weber<jeanweber@gmail.com>
wrote:

[...]

Just for your information: the DE documentation team has voted for
the Clearlooks theme with green2 as the colour to use. I'm not very
happy with this choice, I would have preferred a "less noisy" colour
with still a good contrast, but it was a majority voting for this.
So, we're going to produce screenshots with this theme for our
documentation - and if necessary, we will provide screenshots for the
website too.

I wrote:
[...] if you think, a guideline ("we recommend ...") leading to
similar screenshots in our docs would be a good thing, please
let's define the theme, so it can be used on our wiki and we can
end this discussion.

Guidelines are good and important. I hope we can agree on some
guidelines within the whole project soon.

Yes, guidelines are good. I am all for guidelines. I have given my
opinion on the desirable look of a theme for documentation, and
I'll be away for 2.5 weeks so I won't be able to create any more
noise on this subject. I hope it's decided by the time I get back.
:-)

Based on your comments in this thread I want to start a new thread for a vote on this topic.

People should vote *either* for a consistent theme based on Jean's proposal: http://go.mail-archive.com/xUDsiIBlv-ZqBlXMjn971KD2YDw=

> - Clearlooks theme
> - Font: Liberation bold
> - Font size: 11 pt
> - Highlight foreground color: Libre Green 2 (#43C330)

*or* against any proposal to use a consistent theme for screenshots.

Based on this decision there should be a wiki page describing how screenshots are recommended to be taken.

Existing screenshots should only be replaced when time allows it (for example when the respective chapter or book is worked over).

Do we need to add anything else?

Are these options to vote on sufficient to consider the different opinions mentioned here?

I'd like to wait for another 24 hours for comments and start the voting tomorrow.

Best regards

Bernhard

If you adopt this proposal no one using a Mac will be able to make screenshots for your manuals. Your documentation is already lacking in Mac specific content, don't make it worse. The current screenshots are very different from the appearance of LibreOffice on a Mac.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas