Le 2011-07-07 11:23, Christopher Lee a écrit :
And all this being said, LibreOffice may be developed by a "hacker culture," but it won't be used
predominantly by one (at least, so is the hope). It's helpful to users of Microsoft Office to know that the
interface will remain more or less constant no matter which computer they're using, which is why there was
such an uproar when they switched to the Ribbon interface.

I don't think anyone's trying to stifle what LibreOffice can do by asking for a uniform theme, but
we should take care that at the very least that screenshots look similar. Keep in mind that many of
the mockups being proposed in the future involve a lot of icons, which can vary dramatically from
theme to theme. Enough so, actually, that a screenshot could become entirely useless because what
you see there isn't at all representative of what's on the screen in front of you.

And Marc, what I meant in my mail was not that NeoOffice is "better" or that LibreOffice needs to
follow its footsteps, but rather that NeoOffice was an example of Mac users preferring that OpenOffice.org
integrate better with the default system themes, and choosing it as a result.

I think that the uniqueness coming from many distributions of Linux is a huge strength, but LibreOffice needs
to be different (or shown differently) for functional reasons, not just for the sake of distinguishing it
from the "corporate culture." Same goes with interface designs, for me-- but that's another thread.

I agree. I have no problem with any of that you have written. If we need to have separate thematic screenshots for the Mac line I would have no problem with this. If this is the case, then we would then need to write up a set of guidelines for this on the wiki for anyone wishing to contribute.

If I remember correctly, OOo never did make any effort to integrate itself into the Mac theme, which led to NeoOffice taking advantage of this and integrating itself into the theme.

Thanks for the response.

Cheers,

Marc