Hi Bernhard,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Bernhard Dippold
<bernhard@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
Based on your comments in this thread I want to start a new thread for a
vote on this topic.

Well, I'm not too sure who this vote is supposed to include, nor on
whom and how it is supposed to be binding. In any case, I hope that
the contributors to the English docs team will be left to steer and
manage their own work, without anyone trying to impose ideas on them
"from the outside" (meaning from people who are not actively involved
in the actual work).

I remember that, very recently in a thread, you basically wrote me
that LibreOffice documentation and web content needs to be more
"professional-looking". You didn't define "professional-looking", but
I'm guessing that you equated the term to a measure of quality, among
other concepts.

Speaking for myself, I value the "hacker culture" aspect of the
LibreOffice project. Linux developed from "hacker culture" but I think
many people would attribute it as being of high quality. So I think
that "hacker culture" is capable of generating produce of high
quality.

My own personal reactions to this initiative for a "standardized theme
for screenshots in marketing colors" is that I don't especially want
to see LibreOffice evolving towards a "corporate culture", and that we
can pursue excellence in the software, the documentation and the
website content while accepting the variety and difference of
appearance that stands witness to our "crowd-sourcing culture".

Anyway, as I have repeated multiple times in my various posts on this
subject, these are my own personal viewpoints. Thanks for your
dedication to the LibreOffice project. Please don't read any of my
posts as being meant in an unfriendly way.

--
David Nelson