Hi David, *,
Am 07.07.2011 06:59, schrieb David Nelson:
Hi Jay, *,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:26 AM, planas<jslozier@gmail.com>  wrote:
Unless someone is willing to spend the time and money to properly
research the US legal issues, the safest course is avoid any chance of
putting us into a possible legal crosshairs. I have neither. The problem
is that no one has come forward who is US  attorney and knowledgeable on
software related issues to advise us. MS could consider LO as a direct
competitor to MSO and thus would look for our legal blunders committed
out of ignorance of US law.

It may be more tedious for us to make sure our screenshots do not show
anything that would imply a Windows OS but it is safer. I doubt any
Linux distro would be upset if their desktop was identifiable in one of
our screenshots. In fact a subtle plug could made by saying all the
screenshots were made on various Linux distros. Many Windows users think
we are command line using dinosaurs and would be surprised to see a
vaguely familiar desktop.

Well, if one *were* to accept that the risk might possibly exist in
the US, I somehow *feel* that Microsoft would be much less likely to
succeed in such hypothetical action in European courts. Also,
certainly in Europe, Microsoft would be likely to attract loud
criticism and incite hostile activism in doing so.

But, even if one were to avoid Windows screenshots to the greatest
extent possible (it being difficult to produce good Windows
installation guides - for example - without taking screenshots under
Windows), I still would not like to see the English docs team and
website team taking its screenshots purely under Linux/Unix. What
about the Macintosh platform? I'd certainly like to encourage more
involvement from Mac users.

Did someone know if it won't be the same problem with Mac as it is with MS?

--
Grüße
k-j