Marc,

I would be happy to do the screenshots for any OS X version of LibreOffice. My only concern is
somewhat in line with Larry's, actually. From what I hear, most OS X users really do expect
applications to fall into line with Apple's HIG, which is why many Java programs aren't that
popular on the OS X platform-- they stick out like a sore thumb.

Does that mean we have to follow the default Aqua color scheme? I don't think so-- there are
several very popular programs that certainly don't adopt the graphite/gray. Microsoft Office breaks
the guidelines and general conventions and still prevails (though admittedly this may be because of
its market share overall).

Although I don't think users would mind different colors, I would recommend at least leaving the
option to switch to "default" colors and icons, if only because some users really do prefer a
consistent theme overall. The recent popularity of the Elementary Project in the Linux world seems
to be a demonstration of this, to say nothing of the longstanding criticism leveled at programs
that override GTK+ themes to no real advantage. Also keep in mind that OpenOffice.org had an entire
project devoted to "Mac-ifying" it, which was the NeoOffice project.

We may gain more users by not being bombastically different, is all that I'm saying.

Sincerely,
--
Christopher Lee
Executive Director