Marc,

What Larry's referring to overall is Apple's Human Interface Guidelines (
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/XHIGIntro.html),
which basically define what's "expected" from Apple programs.  Many programs
will conform to these guidelines, which impose general color schemes,
scrollbars, and conventions more or less analogously to what GTK does for
Linux (there's a shell script that makes Ubuntu use the Aqua theme-- it well
shows how Aqua and GTK function in similar ways with regards to interface
design).  It shouldn't be deadly difficult to find how the others use these
sets, though I don't think it requires that much.

Though Larry, plenty of people use MSO for Mac, which definitively does
break the HIG.