Le 2011-07-07 00:37, Larry Gusaas a écrit :
On 2011/07/06 9:40 PM Marc Paré wrote:
I don't see how a "LibreOffice Theme" that is iconic of a software
package has anything to do with a "Mac Theme". Do you mean to say that
LibreOffice has to bend to the Mac theme to qualify as a legitimate
programme? It almost sounds like the Mac is dressed in a gray suit and
wants everyone else to wear gray.
You're missing the point. Several items of the proposal are controlled
on Mac's by the system theme. To change them you would have to change
them for the whole system.

e.g. Menu bar (program name/File/Edit/View/etc.): Font type, size, and
background set by system theme and is the same for every program.
Title of each window: Font type and size set by system defaults.

That is an example of some items that can't be changed for a specific
program

Seems to me that the initial premise of the Mac was not to be another
blue suit like the Win PC Jr. types. It is a shame is this is what the
Mac platform has reduced itself to the world. It this were the case,
and, if this were true, then I would be more than happy to not
recommend Mac's to people due to it's narrowistic view.
Huh? Apple has always been the innovator that is being copied by other
companies. It is known for its aesthetics and creative designs and
interfaces

Now, knowing this is not the case (we do use them in my school board,
but not many), how about, rather than complaining about the lack of
theme resource for your favourite OS,
I am not complaining about lack of resources but the attempt to impose
designs contrary to normal Mac interfaces on Mac users.

could you look into finding out if there is a compatible set of tools
for the Mac as proposed for our theme guidelines?

No. I want the LibreOffice design on Macs to conform to Mac UI standards.

It would be a lot of help for the other Mac owners, and, we will try
as best we can, to work something out for the Mac platform.
Then design the Mac version according to Mac standards.

Larry

Well, I guess at this point, there is nothing else to do but to thank you for pointing this out.

Cheers

Marc