Paulo,

Le Wed, 11 May 2011 11:42:02 -0300,
Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.lima@gmail.com> a écrit :

2011/5/11 Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>

Hello Paulo,

Hello.

TDF will be satisfied when the whole community will be healthy and
able to contribute to LibreOffice.

I'm not sure what you mean with "healthy and able to contribute to
LibreOffice". I am telling you, since the begining of this mess, we
ARE healthy, contributing and doing our job. I really still don't
understand why you refuse to agree with that. The proof is in TDF
wiki and websites, but I won't insist in this matter anymore, also.
If you have a web browser and Google Translate, you can easily see it
by yourself. Do it!

Paulo: calm down. :-) don't take each of my sentences as an attack.
What I mean by a healthy community is a community that does not have
open quarrels and arguments such as... the brazilian community. You
tell me the community is healthy, but it's not so clear to me. (and
there again I have to stop commenting because it quickly stops
being TDF's business).

If some people who have "titles" in TDF like Olivier, Eliane e David,
don't agree with that, that's their problem, not ours. Sadly, they
think if they have those "titles", that makes them a kind of
"special" community members. They aren't, in our point of view, and
never will be.

Well, there is no title (yet) inside TDF. There are roles and
functions. With respect to our Brazilian friends, Olivier is a member
of the SC and Claudio is his deputy.

And this recalls another concern of ours: there are 4 brazilians as
TDF members/founders.

I count 3: Claudio, David and Olivier.

 Some of them can have a whole history of
contributions to TDF, but also did a lot of disgusting things agaist
the Brazilian Community. When you consider your meritocracy, you
don't take this into consideration.

I think we do, look at our bylaws.

It's not fair to look only at the
benefits and not to look at the injuries. Only one of them has an
unconditional trust from the Brazilian Community

So there I have to stop you right away. I hear about arguments in your
community but you would imagine if tomorrow one of these three founders
were to call itself "the Brazilian Community". That's a bit too easy,
and TDF will not take sides. We wish to work with the Brazilian
community as a whole, and while we cannot make you love each other, we
do expect courtesy and effectiveness when working with our Brazilian
friends.

and we have a lot of
real good reasons for that. We have a perception that you hear too
many people who are not alingned to the community's desires, and too
less people who can give you a clearer vision of us.

But, as you have stated: it's not your job to decide this matter. But
it IS YOUR JOB to consult some people from Brazilian Community asking
for their opinions, in order to make a better decision on who
deserves to be hired or not. I suggest you consider to accept more
brazilian members, from the *real* community.

We accept members based on their contributions only.

We can vote and
indicate some names, if you wish, in order to make things balanced
and fairer.

That would not be meritocratic at all. That would be the return of the
old days of privileges.

This should be taken in consideration when you decide to
"talk to brazilian community as a whole" as you're saying.

What I/we honestly try is to get feedback from everyone inside your
community.

I will not be a candidate. I have submited my request a few weeks
ago. It was deferred. Something about "we couldn't confirm your
informations" or so. Maybe the person who decided it doesn't have a
web browser neither knows how to use Google translate. It doesn't
matter, I wish to give up.

You are welcome to submit it again. One comment though: writing on a
wiki is not the sole factor to get one's membership. So please don't be
disappointed and resubmit anytime.

Best,
Charles.