2011/5/11 Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>

Hello Paulo,

Hello.

TDF will be satisfied when the whole community will be healthy and able
to contribute to LibreOffice.

I'm not sure what you mean with "healthy and able to contribute to
LibreOffice". I am telling you, since the begining of this mess, we ARE
healthy, contributing and doing our job. I really still don't understand why
you refuse to agree with that. The proof is in TDF wiki and websites, but I
won't insist in this matter anymore, also. If you have a web browser and
Google Translate, you can easily see it by yourself. Do it!

If some people who have "titles" in TDF like Olivier, Eliane e David, don't
agree with that, that's their problem, not ours. Sadly, they think if they
have those "titles", that makes them a kind of "special" community members.
They aren't, in our point of view, and never will be.

And this recalls another concern of ours: there are 4 brazilians as TDF
members/founders. Some of them can have a whole history of contributions to
TDF, but also did a lot of disgusting things agaist the Brazilian Community.
When you consider your meritocracy, you don't take this into consideration.
It's not fair to look only at the benefits and not to look at the
injuries. Only one of them has an unconditional trust from the Brazilian
Community and we have a lot of real good reasons for that. We have a
perception that you hear too many people who are not alingned to the
community's desires, and too less people who can give you a clearer vision
of us.

But, as you have stated: it's not your job to decide this matter. But it IS
YOUR JOB to consult some people from Brazilian Community asking for their
opinions, in order to make a better decision on who deserves to be hired or
not. I suggest you consider to accept more brazilian members, from the
*real* community. We can vote and indicate some names, if you wish, in order
to make things balanced and fairer. This should be taken in consideration
when you decide to "talk to brazilian community as a whole" as you're
saying.

I will not be a candidate. I have submited my request a few weeks ago. It
was deferred. Something about "we couldn't confirm your informations" or so.
Maybe the person who decided it doesn't have a web browser neither knows how
to use Google translate. It doesn't matter, I wish to give up.

Charles.

See you around.
--
<http://pt-br.libreoffice.org>