Paulo, David,

2011/5/12 Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.lima@gmail.com>

Did someone from the Brazilian community ask David to explain this
sentence
or to have it removed?

This information was added later trought the mkt-tdf-team (that I don't
make
part), just and only for tasks divisions, for supporting the new members
access of the Portuguese language in the TDF-list. Every time I received
any
contact on my direct email, and it happens almost every day, I redirected
the pt_br-libreoffice list. However, I always said that everyone could
read
and write English, I also recommend the en-libreoffice-lists.

In this tasks divisions, Olivier is the news TDF-contact in portuguese, I
(as a speaker of some languages) was to help with the contact for the
lists
as above, and to link with other communities, when the Portuguese and
English were still obstacles.
Just that. Nothing more, nothing less.

But if I should not do that anymore, Ok! No problem.

MfG.,

David

I think this issue should be submitted to Brazilian Community's mailing
lists. That's all.

The Community deliberates and decides. But I also think until that, you
shall not introduce yourself as a representative, giving an impression that
you are the only way for people to get there. I suggest, until things are
over, you remove that phrase from your profile.

This is a good point Paulo. Let me perhaps clarify one thing. At the TDF, at
the moment, we have no "representative" of NGOs . Which means no one can
claim their represent the French community, nor the Brazilian, etc. So I
think now things should be very clear with respect to David. David is a
founder of TDF, no more, no less.

Having had a very nice and productive meeting with the french LibreOffice
association I think we will have to work in the near future in a good and
effective way to ackowledge and work with NGOs. This becomes necessary,
whether in problematical cases or just for normal times.

best
Charles.

Best regards.

--