29.04.2013 17:01, Marc Paré kirjutas:
Oops! The files can be found here:

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochureTemplate-A4.odt

[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochureTemplate-USLtr.odt

I took a look at these files. Please don't take it as much of a criticism but friendly notes on how to improve it.

Here are my remarks:

The logo on top green bar is vertically aligned to nothing. It would be pleasing on the eye if at least the paper icon looked vertically centered. And if possible, center text vertically as well (as done in previous versions).

As for goodlooking professional texts these usually have slightly smaller text with greater line spacing. IMHO 10,5 pt with 120% line spacing and 0.14 cm spacing below the paragraph looks fine. Although I don't think I would ever use Liberation fonts myself.

Right now we have 3 different greens on the page (front page logo, front page text and border). We should reduce it to one (or two, if one has to be pale).

As for the white first page, saving ink is a good reason. But right now it looks kind of dull. Maybe if we would add a colorful image with all the icons flying out of LibreOffice box or something slightly fancy. Or use even more white (see linked file).

The panel positions on A4 doesn't exactly match, the positions from left should be 0,6 (was 0,51), 10,5 and 20,4 cm (was 20,48). And since you use panels the page text column gutter is not set, otherwise it should be double the border, 0,51 * 2 = 1,02 cm. Or was it to match up for the space lost when folding?
(29,7−8,71⋅3)/6   = 0,595
(29,7−8,71⋅3)/6⋅3+8,71   = 10,495
(29,7−8,71⋅3)/6⋅5+8,71⋅2   = 20,395

Since you use panels you could delete the bottom bar images and color the panel bottom border, which would make the problem of hiding images go away.

File with these changes is here (the colors are still not right).
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochureTemplate-A4-modified.odt

Regards
Mattias