Hi *,

I'd love to have some homescreen/bookmark icons for the wiki -
probably something simple like the LO-Paperclip logo with a "W"
inside.

But I don't own a ios device, so I cannot check what "looks good" in
terms of margins/placements, whether the icon on a simple white
background is good, or whether the background should be colored.

Also what I found about the specs are of course contradicted by apple
themselves (surprise, surprise)

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/ConfiguringWebApplications/ConfiguringWebApplications.html
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/IconsImages/IconsImages.html

Say the icon sizes are 57, 72, 114 and 144 (all square) - but apple
doesn't care and its own icon is 129x129
http://www.apple.com/apple-touch-icon.png

So size doesn't matter that much after all, and all what counts is
that it needs to be square.

I guess there are a couple of people on the design list with a ios
device around, so it would be nice if you could check how much padding
the icon needs to look good. Take
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/skins/common/images/logo.png for
example - if this was centered in a 144x144 white background - how
would it look on the homescreen?

Of course would be great if people have other ideas than just a "W"
inside (or across) the paperclip). I also don't know whether to make
the W green for example, or keep it black/grey,... I'm not a designer,
so I'm looking forward to your proposals :-)

ciao
Christian