2011/4/25 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>:
Hi Ricardo:

Some points I would like to express:

Le 2011-04-25 12:43, RGB ES a écrit :

As a first step I did a "mix" between the Spanish text and a
translation from the English cover. The resulting text is more
compact, I think.

There is no need to translate as is from the English text. The idea would be
to make it readable as native Spanish text. If you think it should be
modified then modify it as native Spanish text and then we can all try to
make it fit on the cover.

That was my understanding too. Because I know nothing about Base nor
Calc, I'm not on the position of building something readable about
those items, so I only translated them as a starting point ;)
For the rest, it is not a "translation", but a similar text.

You could pull some of the text from the
http://es.libreoffice.org/caracteristicas pages. Were you involved in
writing up the text?

No. My free time then reached negative values :(

As a workaround about the translation of the gorgeous ending phrase, I
used the word "suite" before in the text (when talking about Math) and
then enclosed the word Suite between quotes (Spanish use «...» for
quotes) to make it clear that there is a double sense on the phrase:
most Spanish speakers should not have problems identifying the word
"sweet", I think... in the worst case they will use an on-line
dictionary ;)

I see that there is/was a short discussion about the slogan on the Spanish
mail list. There again, if the Spanish community would like to come up with
a native Spanish slogan, then make one up, discuss and adopt it. It can
certainly be used instead of the English slogan. There is no need to force
an English slogan onto the community if it is not appropriate.

The discussion was not exactly about the slogan... oh well, I'll try
to discuss that. It will be difficult to build something that good...
Cheers
Ricardo