Hi Drew, all,

we know that the font is not complete (and that the author doesn't work on it in the near future), when we used it for the logo.

But we didn't find another free font that shows the openness and liberty of LibreOffice as good as this font.

What I personally like very much are the round dots (on characters as well as on symbols).

drew schrieb:
Hola Amigos,

Alright here is the problem, visually:

http://lo-portal.us/temp/na-dvd-case-es-04-11-24.png

That is the first pass of an Español version of the DVD cover.

Examples of the problem can be seen in the words:
Versión and Ofimática

Here and on the additional examples you refer to letters like:
aàáâ, eèéê, iíìî, oòóô, uùúû

The letters with diacritics do not have equal proportions, to my eye
anyhow, as those that do not have them - looking back I new see it in
the translation of the DVD label also, but it is much more pronounced
with the larger font on the piece.

These letters have not been included in the font and therefore replaced by your system (probably Liberation Sans, I assume).

So - what is the shared wisdom on how to proceed:

Switch all the text to a different font?

I'd like to keep the logo font as it is, so switching to another font would mean to have different fonts on the logo and in the surrounding text.

In the OpenOffice.org community we decided because of the lacking Unicode characters against Vegur as accompanying font for the OOo logo (Helvetica New with quite a similar visual impression to Vegur), but choose M+ p1: http://mplus-fonts.sourceforge.jp/mplus-outline-fonts/design/index-en.html (with square dots)

Try to fix the vegur font and offer it back to the community at large?

This task has already been started by Hillar Liiv - thanks to Christoph for the link:

Sorry, I didn't know it.
Otf: http://ubuntuone.com/p/Zmf/
Sfd: http://ubuntuone.com/p/Zmk/

I don't know if it covers all the diacritics, but the one's I tried work:

aàáâ
eèéê
iíìî
oòóô
uùúû
¡¿

There are still some letters not adapted (you may see them by square dots, if they contain them), but I think Spanish should work.

Can you please try this font out?

Hillar, could you tell us which characters you worked on and how hard it would be to adapt others (if there are some still lacking)?

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Hillar: Would you mind uploading the font to our wiki (if you didn't already) and adding a license (Vegur is under Public Domain)?