On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 17:17 +0200, RGB ES wrote:
2011/4/25 drew <drew@baseanswers.com>:
On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 16:17 +0200, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Marc, *

Marc Paré schrieb:
Hi Bernhard

[...]

So, should we then advise the different language marketing groups to
make use of the Mplus fonts for their design and content until the Vegur
font work is completed? Why should we just not adopt and improve on the
Mplus font set instead of Vegur? Is there a technical reason why we are
so set on Vegur?

No - not technical. It's just visual / consistency.

And the two fonts mix fairly well.

Here is the updated file
http://lo-portal.us/temp/na-dvd-case-es-04-11-24c.png

All the text has been changed to M+ 1p, with the exception of the word
LibreOffice on the spine which was left as Vegur.

Good idea!

Needed to set the font size a tad smaller for all the other text as the
metrics was a bit different.

Also, regenerated the PDF and SVG logo to be 120 px high vs 128 just to
give a little more emphasis to the ODF logo, and flooded the tab on the
PDF logo with the same red as used on the 'whatever that little diddy is
in the body of it..a whip?'..*smile*. (Yes I can do that, this graphic
is Public Domain from OpenClipart.org)

It looks fairly good.

Indeed! I'll do a first review for the later today.
Thanks again, Drew!

Great, the GIMP xcf file is sitting in the same location - feel free to
grab it if you like - I won't touch it then, till I hear from you.