Come on - self abuse is something best shared! As in "Stop misbehaving myself, you"

Aware of the high esteem in which my opinion is held, by myself, I thoroughly enjoyed your rude essay, but have happily set my filter to reject any message with the phrase

"Excuse me but"

I enjoy a technical list on cycling which veers wildly off topic. We've been discussing recipes for bread recently, but topics have included Tom Lehrer, and National idiosyncrasies, notably that Yorkshire did very well in t'Olympic medals table and (counting former colonies) Great Britain romped home with the lion's share of Olympian bling. If the subject doesn't interest me, I'll pass it by.

But god help anyone who starts discussing H*lm*ts

This is a fantastic resource for rapid answers to those dumb questions you end up feeling very embarrassed having asked when the answer is pretty much RTFM.

Happily top posting despite all the efforts of the system to set me off at the bottom, and banging in the acr*n*ms as often as practically possible.

Probably the worst sins are similar - grandstanding, and overt commercial promotion, get substantial tut tutting from those in the online community.

As for RTFM, that's a WIGATI, until then I'll PIBE

In case you are wondering I'll explain when I Get Around To It, but meantime I'll play it by ear, with fond memories of Claire G.

Dave H

* Vicky Pollard is a character from Little Britain (UK TV series)