This (see the quote below) is simply unacceptable. In fact, with respect
to the bug on which I received this little gem quite a few people had
been at pains to clearly identify the problem and the potential
solution, and neither having changed at all, there had been no changes
to the bug report save angry responses everytime someone tried to close
it because it had not been updated. What is Florian really saying?  It
would appear to be either that the product is SOOOOO buggy we have
decided to ignore all the bug reports OR that users are SOOOO stupid
that we are going to ignore all bug reports....  Thank you, Florian, for
the vote of confidence.

If I had the time I would go through and re-open every one of these
simply to give Florian something to do.

Dear bug submitter!
Due to the fact, that there are a lot of NEEDINFO bugs with no answer within
the last six months, we close all of these bugs.
To keep this message short, more infos are available @
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/NeedinfoClosure#Statement
Thanks for understanding and hopefully updating your bug, so that everything is
prepared for developers to fix your problem.
Yours!
Florian