On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 20:05 -0500, V Stuart Foote wrote:
It is pretty rare for specifics of bugs to be entered on the Users
list, where there might have a passing comment that a bug would be or
had been filed. But often no additional details of the bug in the
discussion. But, that said, the threads are pretty descriptive.

        I'm sure.

Being a new subscriber, maybe the Nabble web interface would be of use
to efficiently identify substantive issues that may have associated
bugs.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

        I saw that, and I saw only Leif's bug linked there, in a monster thread
of vagueness. It is hard to justify dedicating the time to try to
reverse engineer people's names into bugzilla queries to dig out exactly
what bug they're talking about indirectly; and it's difficult to grok
the thread thus far. Better to ask for help - hence my request :-) so
here goes again:

        If you have a bug that you're particularly concerned about having been
marked NEEDINFO / RESOLVED INVALID, can you mail me a link ?

        At least - it doesn't seem a good use of my time, when I could be
fixing bugs, reviewing patches etc. - I was hoping that some volunteer
might help me by building a list of the specific issues; so I can trawl
through them and get down to the grist of the technical issues fast.
That of course, is an ask not -that- different from asking people to
check if their bugs are still relevant vs. the latest version.

        All the best,

                Michael.