On 8/16/12 7:07 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Grrrrr, can't you just change it back?

<rant>

That is not the point, Tom.

This bug was only really a matter of a file having been dropped. But the
devs have spent more time fiddling with how it is listed than if they
had just added the missing file. More importantly, the most recent
change was apparently made because in trying to reopen the bug I failed
to do things the way they want them done,  though there is no
documentation of how that is supposed to work.

Specifically, the documentation states:
"Version: The "Version" field is usually used for versions of a product
which have been released, and is set to indicate which versions of a
Component have the particular problem the bug report is about."

In many bug systems that means the reporter can in fact select all the
versions in which the errors appears,  but this product does not allow
that.  So what is one to do? Especially where a bug has been closed.  I
reopened and set the version to the most recent version in which I
observed the bug. I thought this would be reasonable especially in as
much as the history reflects the initial appearance of the bug. So then
a dev steps in and changes the version, stating, "'Version' is most old
version where bug is reproducible. Not current version. Changing to
3.3.1 back"

I DID then change it back to 3.5.2 and commented that devs should spend
time writing tracker context help instead of fiddling with bugs that
were never going to be fixed.  My response IS NOT productive (as was
initially noted in this list, lol) but isn't it so much fun to be
passive aggressive?

Don't go!  If you do you will be missed!

Thanks for that (and I did get a chuckle from Marc Paré's reference to
the wiki provisions on top vs bottom posting, lol) but life is too short
to piss into the wind.  It is one thing to work collaboratively with
people who see things differently, another to labor in the dark with no
one listening - did you see any comment from any dev on THIS list
apologizing to users, acknowledging issues, etc? Maybe if we start a
discussion about whether paragraphs are appropriate in list posts we
could attract some attention?

I don't know that I am "going" anywhere.....  but I am certainly not
interested in putting in time to run down bugs if this is how users are
treated.

</rant>