Tanstaafl wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:24 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
With this mix of system being used for various tasks, I would have a
mess if I tried to read emails on more than one system, even if I
could get a sync system to work properly between the various Windows
and Ubuntu systems.

This is what IMAP is for. I have 20+ accounts set up on 5 different computers, and work with the same mail on all of them, and they all stay in sync because of teh way IMAP works.

IMAP is the only way to do email, especially if you can host your own server.

I agree. I have my own IMAP server at home. It makes no difference which computer or email program I use, all the mail is synced. It even works with my smart phone and tablet. I also use Google Contacts to sync my address books everywhere.