Exactly - and this is why I totally am not in favour of replying to the person rather than the list

Our British Car list used to reply to the list and if someone asked a question everyone saw the answers and ensuing dialogue. Someone complained about reply to list and the reply to was changed - the result is that we seldom see the responses to questions and folks receiving the info end up having to remember to forward all of the responses to the list so others can share

Not  a good idea to reply to sender on these help lists

Preston

anne-ology wrote:
        exactly, therefore to change the default, you're changing this list
to where folks will now be corresponding privately rather than allowing the
list to hear what's new and learn from others.