Hi everyone,

El 21/05/13 00:20, Ace Suares escribiĆ³:

Dear list,

First of all, I am including Manuel Ortega in this mail. He took the words file for Papiamento (CW) and ran with it to make a Firefox and Thunderbird spell-checker. The powers of Open Source! (They dazzle me sometimes even after 20 years!)
It's great to be here between you all...yes the power of FLOSS :-) and now we are going ahead launching Mozilla pap, Mozilla Community around Mozilla Foundation with the goal to get them works in Papiamentu :-)

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla-pap/6gY1xkgBHCA

I think we need to work together in order to make better localizations...We are working too in the Papiamentu team for translate Ubuntu..In a wiki we are putting all the commons words and searching the better option for certain terms

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ListadiTerminoPapiamento

Maybe Manuel is already on this list. I hope we can cooperate on this...!

After a looooong time, finally we have a first version of the locale for pap_CW. You can find it at

http://www.it46.se/afrigen/export/ooo/pap_CW.xml
:-D

I hope this work will further the use of OOo/LO in CuraƧao. As soon as we understand the process, we will work on pap_AW and pap_BQ (for Aruba and Bonaire) too, although pap_CW is 99% the same als pap_BQ.
We also will study the process to see how we can help

We very much appreciate your insights.

Cheers
ace

PS Also including Urso Wieske, who did a lot on translating Sugar Labs software (for OLPC).
Urso, Ace, I believe we may work together on a common computing dictionary for Papiamentu

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ListadiTerminoPapiamento

Do you find it interesting?

Best regards,
Manuel