On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 13:18 +0100, Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote:

And people if you are bashing ribbon then please tell us how much experience
you have with it (saw pictures, used it, used it one month and ...).

It was installed in work 4 years ago, against our will.  The trainers were not happy (all their
resources, ruined!)

So much time has because nobody knows where anything is.  The interface itself has so many
inconsistencies it
is beyond a joke.

I have to use it.  It stinks.  Buttons who do not suggest their purpose.  Buttons are not even
clearly marked as
such.  Even aline around the bottons would help - instead, you have no idea where one button ends
and the
other begins.

There are little markers at the bottom-right of some panels and you are supposed to know they
have a purpose.

It was designed with no thought for how real human beings think.

ZF--
Zaphod

My observation is the buttons do not seem to be consistently or logically grouped. Also, I do not
like its rigidity of being very difficult to customize.

I found some commands that are still available must be installed before
you can use them. One I distinctly remember was for Excel and using
Pivot tables.

It also wastes a lot of real estate at the top of the screen when more
real estate is available on the sides.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com