Hi Joed, all,

jlopez777 schrieb:
Hello,

I would like to get to know those who are part of the team a little more as
well as their ideas and views on LO and related topics. Anyone interested?

At least form my side there is lot of interest for online discussion.

Unfortunately there are two restrictions that come to my mind:

Time - a very important topic, because the online exchange of opinions and ideas should never lead to reducing the importance of our mailing list. The reason for this is the second restriction:

Timezones - we are a team spread over the world, living in very different time zones. While I'm in Europe, Marc is in North America, Paulo in South America, Nik in Asia and Ivan in Pacific Area. There is no chance to get all of us together at any time of the day (or night).

Therefore we can't discuss or decide anything finally online, but need to have the discussion on the mailing list too.

If so, simply let me know so we can exchange skype or aim or whatever is
used. Thanks!

We have a general IRC channel on freenode:
irc://freenode/documentfoundation

It doesn't seem to be used by a lot of people, so there is no problem to use it for design topics.

If we're going to establish and use such a resource more or less regularly, we might ask for creation of a dedicated IRC channel like libreoffice-design.

(In fact we could already use it - just open the following link: irc://freenode/libreoffice-design - but the name is not secured, so everybody can open this channel even if he is not related to our team)

I think this channel fits quite well with the needs for online contact.

Of course it would be easier to have a possibility to share uploads so we can discuss design topics with shared visuals. But we can use our wiki to upload such drafts and proposals, as this is the place they belong when the topic is raised on the mailing list.

Given that Skype is proprietary and other (open source) protocols might be not available on all platforms or not stable enough to be used from all over the world, the solution IRC + wiki is easy and should work quite well (we have some experience from OOo times...)

Best regards

Bernhard