Hi Paulo, all,

Still more than hundred mails to read, so just a short one in-between...

Paulo José schrieb:
HI all,

I had playing with Christoph's icon set last day, trying to make the
256px version for some icons. I made
icons to Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base. My style is a little
different, so I also made [few] changes in the background "document" to
make sure they "fit"... :)

For decrease the SVG file size (1.5MB), I saved the file in the
Compressed Inkscape Format (SVGZ - 116KB). But the wiki uploader don't
allow this filetype, so I uploaded the normal SVG file... :/

If we all use Inkscape SVGZ is an option. But at least the final versions should be plain SVG to allow other applications to open them. (Perhaps LibreOffice will be able to? Didn't try by now, because gradients and transparency has not been supported very well in the past)

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Initial_Icons-Paulo.svg

Thank you very much for these icons! They are great!

I didn't think that it would be possible to keep the clear and straightforward design of our branding while adding the "glance" some people (especially young ones ;-) ) like very much. You managed this in an astonishing way.

I hope you like them. Commentaries and critiques are welcome :). I hope
also we can complete all steps said by Bernhard and may release the new
icons in LibreOffice 3.3.1. :D

Of course there will be some more work - but it's so much fun working with all of you.

I'm sure we will be able to provide not only the icons but a full set of marketing material very soon!

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: I've been part of the OpenOffice.org Art Project for several years. I never saw someone becoming part of the team as easily as you, Paulo. Thanks not only for your great artwork, but for your decent character and openness in mind - this is collaborative community work at it's best!