Hi Paulo,

spend your energy wisely, we really need you for some more stuff ;-) To
be serious, thanks a lot for doing such great stuff, and - at the same
time - being so open for some feedback!

Am Montag, den 24.01.2011, 18:46 -0200 schrieb Paulo José:
Thank you! :D Your icons are great, I just added some details.

Oh well, it is more "our team icons" :-)

[...]
However, to make you aware of that - only Windows 7 requires such icons
at the moment. Maybe this helps you to prioritize your efforts if there
are some ;-)
I didn't know that Windows 7  uses the 256px, it's cool! When I made
them, I was thinking about branding and better printing , but it's nice
the Windows 7 really uses them! :D

Let's say it that way - after Mac OS X introduced the 128px icons, it
seemed that Windows 7 required to double the size, because they had to
go beyond that ;-)

This might be helpful for you - although it is not that much content, I
once wrote a few lines to make all the artwork fit together well:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Branding

Very nice, thank you for this link! :) Based in your tips, I removed the
gloss from Draw icon. Sadly I don't think I can remove the color
blending of the objects with gradient without lost my own style. But no
problem if it must be done to follow the tip "Balanced: The visual
design avoids any extremes. For example, neither extreme coloring nor
intensive surface shining effects are used." ;)

Well, it is about balance - so just keep your color blends if you think
it suits well. To be honest, these information have been provided since
some people totally miss the concept of "looking alike" branding ;-)

And - maybe this might be also interesting for you - the same page
contains color palettes for Inkscape, The Gimp and LibO. So if you need
to pick the colors - have a look at Color/Resources.

Concerning the branding (and without wanting to speed up the kick-off),
the current visual identity has been worked out before we went public
(Initial Branding). So many people already asked whether it can be
changed/improved - yes, there will be changes (Community Branding). It
is planned to do some (r)evolution that is carried out very
thoughtfully ... just to let you know, that there is more to come. But
at the moment, we focus on the very next two releases.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Work_Items

Thanks, Ivan. In the meantime we might use ZIP files (allowed, although
the admins don't like it for good reasons) or keep the SVG files. One of
the advantages is, that the preview within Firefox (or other browsers)
let's people quickly have a look at it.
It's true, I didn't think about it. Well, it seems that worth to upload
the SVG file.:) Here is my last version:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice_Initial_Icons-Paulo.svg

Cool! You may also publish/link your work on/to the dedicated wiki page
(if you like).
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Present_State_of_the_Icon_Design

Bernhard, how to proceed? If I remember correctly, you did combine the
source data ...

Thank you for the nice comment, Christoph!

Thanks for the nice graphics, Paulo! :-)

Regards,
Christoph