On 24-01-2011 19:10, Christoph Noack wrote:
Hi Paulo,

spend your energy wisely, we really need you for some more stuff ;-) To
be serious, thanks a lot for doing such great stuff, and - at the same
time - being so open for some feedback!
Hi Cristoph!! OK... I'm on vacation and I'm just excited in really contribute with this project! :D I'll go slower, I promise :-P :-P

Let's say it that way - after Mac OS X introduced the 128px icons, it
seemed that Windows 7 required to double the size, because they had to
go beyond that ;-)
Hahaha, well... I'm out of date about windows and I never used Mac OS, so I haven't much to say here... :D Only one: I love my Ubuntu! :P

Well, it is about balance - so just keep your color blends if you think
it suits well. To be honest, these information have been provided since
some people totally miss the concept of "looking alike" branding ;-)

And - maybe this might be also interesting for you - the same page
contains color palettes for Inkscape, The Gimp and LibO. So if you need
to pick the colors - have a look at Color/Resources.
Great, I already installed the color palette and I'll try use it in my works. :) It looks great, better and most clear than the Inkscape [bloated] pallete. No more scroll the palette toolbar from now. :D.

Concerning the branding (and without wanting to speed up the kick-off),
the current visual identity has been worked out before we went public
(Initial Branding). So many people already asked whether it can be
changed/improved - yes, there will be changes (Community Branding). It
is planned to do some (r)evolution that is carried out very
thoughtfully ... just to let you know, that there is more to come. But
at the moment, we focus on the very next two releases.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Work_Items
Thank you for explaining! :D I really like the current branding and I don't propose to change it too soon. For this reason your feedback and from other people from this team is so important to me. I know my potential (and I believe in it above anything), but we are all apprentice by trial and error, and we'll ever be. There's no better way to improve my habilities than listening people's feedback. And by my own experience, they ever were right. :D

About this page "Work Items", I think it's too much information for me... **yet**. I don't know much of these items as marketing or create presentations/web content. So I'll try to focus on simple design and help the others. I'm really thankful to all tips and links you has sent to me, they help me so much to undertand this community and know how I can put my efforts to help it! :D

Cool! You may also publish/link your work on/to the dedicated wiki page
(if you like).
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Present_State_of_the_Icon_Design
I think would be better wait for more feedback. Do you think I should make the other icons on 256px, or they are really unecessary for now? And the 128px version? Should I resume detailing them? I don't see too much difference, but if it's nice I can do it

Thanks for the nice graphics, Paulo! :-)

Regards,
Christoph
Thank you for the great feedback, Christoph. Please, don't hesitate to do any critiques. :D

Good night (is it night right there, isn't? :D )
~Paulo
--
Paulo José O. Amaro
Computer Science Student