Hi Christoph, all

Christoph Noack schrieb:
Hi Paulo,

[...]

This might be helpful for you - although it is not that much content, I
once wrote a few lines to make all the artwork fit together well:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Branding

Very nice, thank you for this link! :) Based in your tips, I removed the
gloss from Draw icon. Sadly I don't think I can remove the color
blending of the objects with gradient without lost my own style. But no
problem if it must be done to follow the tip "Balanced: The visual
design avoids any extremes. For example, neither extreme coloring nor
intensive surface shining effects are used." ;)

With this phrase we wanted to avoid "funny" effects that look less professional and serious to some of our possible users and supporters in business, administration and government.

Your present version of the icons seem to keep the balance quite well, so I don't think you have to modify them in order to follow our branding guidelines.

(I'm not fully convinced by the Base icon, because it looks quite light - perhaps slightly broader lines in 256px and a bit of a darker shading in 128px might help? But thats less than a minor nuisance, just nitpicking...)
[...]

[...]
Bernhard, how to proceed? If I remember correctly, you did combine the
source data ...

As Paulo modified the document symbols too, we have to include not only a new layer for his application symbols, but one for the document symbols too.

I tried to copy his layers to the combined version, but this led to wrong colors.

I'll try again tomorrow.

The next steps on the icon theme would be:
- design the last icons (improve the "quick drafts" by Christoph, add 256px icons to the other files too)
- decide about the symbols where we have different alternatives
- define symbols that need some more improvement
- go through all the proposals we left aside because of the short timeframe
- come to a final version
- have it integrated in the source
- promote it by dedicated marketing material

But I think we don't have that much time for other topics like
- creation of marketing material for the LibO 3.3.0 release
- providing small graphical elements for the website

For these topics we should start a new thread...

Best regards

Bernhard