Re: [libreoffice-website] [SC] Decision about CMS

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

> Le 2010-10-20 13:31, Marc Paré a écrit :
>
> Le 2010-10-20 11:52, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Benjamin, *,

>>> I know I'm repeating myself, but still the drupal site doesn't cut it.
>>> You canot create structured documents with headings for example.
>>>
>>> Yes, I know, this is "just a configuration setting"; but despite admin
>>> logins being available know, nobody took the time to add it, despite
>>> so many drupal people advocating it here on the list.
>>>

>> In my opinion, Christian does have a point here. Could someone please
>> create this as proof that it can be done? I'll take a look at it
>> although I am more adept at the Zikula packages. Also, in all fairness,
>> Christian, you should log into the Drupal site and attempt to create
>> these documents to see how they compare to Silverstripe.
>>

> Ok everyone, there is now a Drupal example of a structured document with
> headings thrown together by Keith Williams
>
> =============
>

> This is an example of a structured document:
>
> http://www.mywebclass.org/~bhorst/content/example_book/structured_document
>
> Drupal uses books for structured documents. You can download them with
> index, import / expor them, print with PDF.
>
> One nice thing about Drupal is content types. Content types allow you to
> differentiate between pages, file downloads, books, or other types of
> content. Everything isn't just a page.
>
> =============
>
> Thanks for doing this.
>
> So are there any other important issues/concerns that should be looked at,
> according to website Wiki listing the criteria for an appropriate choice of
> CMS?
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms
>

> Marc

> deleted
>
> No, it will do all of that.

One other nice feature that Drupal has is that it is easy to admin multiple
sites. One Drupal host can be the source for X number of other sites.
Sites can share database tables, users, etc... So... Lets say you have a
wiki site and a foundation site. Someone logs into the wiki site, it will
automaticly share their info with the foundation site and vice versa, you
can configure what is shared. Users can have seperate roles that are
respected between sites and they don't need to login again.

--
*Thought Farm Productions <http://www.thoughtfarmproductions.com>
thoughtfarm@thoughtfarmproductions.com*