Re: [libreoffice-website] [SC] Decision about CMS

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Christian Lohmaier <
lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com <lohmaier%2Booofuture@googlemail.com>>wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Keith Williams
> <kwilliams@thoughtfarmproductions.com> wrote:
> > If you want to see another take on Drupal. I'm making a site to do
> project
> > management with it.
> >
> > Http://www.mywebclass.org
> >
> > login brendan/brendan$1234
> >
> > All the forms and views of data were generated using the query builder
> > (views) and the content creator (CCK)
>
> You're getting lost in fancy stuff before getting the basics straight.
>
> > In Drupal you can define field in the database for any type of data and
> then
> > have access to them with the query builder.
>
> Insilverstipe you can also create new database fields with your
> liking, there is no query builder, but of course you can access those
> additional fields using the CMS.
>
> And of course you can turn that site-specific modification into a
> module that you can deploy on other sites - I mean what do you intend
> with that question?
>
> ciao
> Christian

> deleted
>
> THe module packaging isn't a question. Its a statement. For example, I
can create a function through the GUI in drupal and then package it for
deployment on another site. That helps to add new features easily and
consistently. It ensures that the code is consistent and can be maintained
with updates provided for modules used on hundreds of thousands of sites.

Regarding the truck comment about Drupal, yes the Interface isn't as slick
as silverstripe's is but at least I don't see a loading screen every time I
click a button on the admin screen. I"m using it on a fast computer too
with a good internet connection.

--
*Thought Farm Productions <http://www.thoughtfarmproductions.com>
thoughtfarm@thoughtfarmproductions.com*