On 11/02/12 23:46, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2012-02-11 16:56, Cor Nouws a écrit :
Hi Olav,
Olav Dahlum wrote (11-02-12 22:07)

Scaring, insulting, and driving away customers/users won't promote or
sell
LibreOffice. Instead, highlight the features in the various versions.
Meaning, market 3.5 for what it is; a faster generation etc etc, and
3.4 as
something more of a LTS release. Corporate users love those messages.
Sell
like hell, sort of speaking …

Would indeed be nice to have some wordings as 'long term' which means
'stable' to the reader.
'Thoroughly tested' as Italo wrote implicitly means that 3.5.0 would
not be. Hmmm.
Maybe just LTR, Long term release ?

I thought I read somewhere (on some mailing list) that the devs were
recommending using the term LTR only for the 3.5.x family later when it
is more stable. It was suggested not to use the term LTR for the 3.4.x
versions for some reason. So with this reasoning in mind, we would start
throwing around the "LTR" label for the 3.5.x version sometime after the
release of the 3.6.x version.

Cheers,

Marc

Assuming adoption of LibreOffice will pick up pace due to usage on Android
and iOS, this would be the right time to figure this out, and actually
do it.