Hi Luc, *,

Luc Castermans wrote (11-02-12 20:26)

Nice pictures on the white board! Nevertheless I think optically we should
provide one button to the version we want to download at that moment in
time.

Thanks!
Alas I fail to see how to predict what kind of user is running the browser, which is needed to show one of the two possible versions ...

We could provide other means, links, to other versions we want to offer
at that moment in time.

At present we show two versions on the download pages, consequently I
propose  to drop the second download, per today this is version 3.3.4
Simplification  is achieved by removing the latter.

Like KDE we could have one download page with "old versions". Like Firefox
we ought to show only one version to download.

Ah, but then a message (for the time that we offer say 3.5.0 and maybe 3.5.1) to inform business users that they would rather use the 'old version' is needed?

Interesting by the way, that where I was a bit in the middle between the initial mockups on the wiki and what also Drew writes (offer 3.4.5 as default) and the idea from developers (get 3.5.0 out as much as fast as possible - if I got that right), you and also Anders go indeed are fully at that side.

Regards,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org