Hi all,

This thread is because:
- the download page is nominated for improvement some time already;
- the mockups and wording at the wiki (from June/July last year) represent the idea to hide the new version (currently 3.5.0) and use the old as 'stable' - we want to be 3.5.0 to be strongly promoted. If not as default, then in any case very visible and attractive.

See the introduction at the top op my initial mail:
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/msg07141.html

The rough mockups that I made, were just to show three possible situations. Situations that we have seen, and have been discussing.
 1- the release must be promoted but with care ;
2- the release is considered good enough for non-expert installation and use
 3- the release is simply default
See the explanation at the right side of the mockups.

The colors I used are bad. The visual representation wrecked, the wording open for improvement :-)

If Devs/QA decide that 3.5.0 is simply default, OK, then we simply have 'design' 3.
And if in the future, we never need 'design' 1 and 2: so much the better :-)

There are of course many similarities with Christophs far better looking mockups. But the discussion is in the differences.

Cheers,
Cor

Italo Vignoli wrote (12-02-12 00:34)
Apologies, I did not realize what was happening on the download page.
Sorry for jumping in so late.