Hi Drew,

drew wrote (12-02-12 00:17)
Well I wrote the email first thing this morning and I am still, in
general, behind the concept, however, after reading everything on list
today and spending most of the day running 3.4.5 and 3.5.0 _and_ then

Indeed a good thing to do.

reading your post, specifically, referencing the chatter from some
developers to start thinking of the 3.5 branch as the first LTR (for a
working term) candidate...

I would change my, or have changed my mind, regarding this moment in
time. I think given everything that 3.5.0 should be the default, over
3.4.x.

I appreciate that you are with (most of) us then here.
I'm sure that people from the development team also could add facts about bugs that have been fixed in the 3.5 branch and (for various reasons) still exist in the 3.4 branch.
So that also adds to the impression that with 3.5 things are OK.

But I would really like to see us have a more detailed discussion,
before we get to 3.6 in order to flesh out the ideas in general about,
how we designate 'the default' going forward.

W've spend quite some time in discussing the QA/release cycle from somewhere May last year onwards. And because of that changed some things in the flow. But indeed I think it's definitely useful to have a fresh look again once all the dust for the 3.5 release is settled. Will be on Dev & QA list obviously. (There are also some items from the previous discussion that we parked to have a look later.) And indeed interesting for the next major release, is how QA will catch up even more, so that possibly release discussions will be even more on facts, this a bit less on 'impressions'.

Thanks a lot,
Cor

--
 - Cor