Hi Tom,

On 10/2/2014 12:52, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
This "blame the user" mentality belongs more properly in the MS and
proprietary world.
I did not get the impression that the user is being blamed here by anyone. Different people are trying to explain again and again how OpenSource projects work, which is quit a bit different to commercial - which I am sure you know, probably even better then me.
  It makes more sense in the OpenSource world but
generally i don't see it in other OpenSource projects (apart from
Evolution) and i'm quite glad of that.  It's one of the many reasons i'm
glad to be mostly freed from the MS world.

Tanstaafl seems to be being blamed for at leat 2 contradictory things here.
1.  for bringing up his pet bug too often
That is fine, but it just depends a bit on how it is being done - I don't think his way is the most efficient for everyone involved, including himself.
2.  for not bringing it up often enough.
His pet bug has a fix but he is refusing to test it.

Werner