Hi :)
That all seems reasonable.

It also seems like a good idea to regularly market the QA team in the Users
List.  New people with a variety of skills join this Mailing List all the
time and many are looking for a way of contributing back to the project.
It'd be kinda rude not to invite them in!

I think more than 1/week might be tooo often and maybe even considered spam
by some but 1/month might not be often enough to catch people before they
wander off.

The main difference with your post this time was that there wasn't even a
hint of refusing to solve a person's bug unless they paid for it.  Quite
the opposite!

Talking with people is quite an art and not one that many of us really
expect from devs, especially when they have been deep into coding - nor
from QA who may have been deep into fast filing - nor from documenters or
translators who may have been deep into their equivalent of code.

However, it's not unreasonable to expect marketeers and leaders to be able
to talk to people without causing offence.  Also, leaders kinda need to be
able to solve conflicts, instead of creating them!  At least within their
own organisation and their own customers/users!

Regards from
Tom :)