Le 13/05/13 08:54 PM, Jean Weber a écrit :
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/05/2013, at 21:40, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:

IMO, the only thing I would have a problem with is p.2, third panel, The passage:

* "The LibreOffice user interface is available in many languages, even in languages for which localized
commercial software is not available. Support for over 100 languages and still counting."

The separation of the last two lines ... the last line "languages and still counting" looks like it no longer belongs to the paragraph and we should
avoid hyphenating the word "languages", By convention, we should be writing "one hundred" when writing in paragraph form which would fix
the problem, but the number "100" has larger impact. I would then suggest remove the bold sentence and just make "100 languages" in bold
and this still seems to bring home the point that we support over "100 languages".

Marc, using spelled-out numbers in text is only "convention" if you choose to follow a style guide
that insists on that. In science and technology, using numerals is as much, or more, of a convention, partly
because numerals are more easily and quickly understood by people with English as a second language. For
example, our manuals use numerals for that reason.

I'll look at your samples and make other comments when I get a chance.

--Jean

Sorry about the delay. I looked at this yesterday, made a few tweaks
in the spacing of the leftmost column of the second page (your text
changes are fine with me), and then forgot to upload it. I've replaced
my earlier version of the US-Letter files. How is this?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochure-GeneralInformation-USLtr_JHW.odt
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochure-GeneralInformation-USLtr_JHW.pdf

--Jean

Great! So let's go with this as the final version.

I have uploaded this version to the wiki corresponding wiki page:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochure-GeneralInformation-USLtr.odt

I will be back with the other brochure sizes filled in with the text:

Community A4
Official USLtr
Official A4

We will not have to look at the text but only look at the formatting on the page/hyphenation which will make our job a lot easier and quicker to do.

The last item for this brochure-type will be to do a .pdf version. For this version type. I would suggest we do this after we have completed all of the brochure types; the .pdf version is less pressing and I am not sure if we should expend the amount of energy working on the .pdf version with clickable links at this time. We are in more drastic need for the printable brochures than the .pdf versions.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com