Þann 10.3.2020 09:19, skrifaði Heiko Tietze:
On 10.03.20 09:57, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
So the "deck" is a subsection of the Tab-bar, usually not often exposed to the users, right?

Our HIG is here https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Guidelines/SideBar

The deck is what in other dialogs is meant by tab. Or is it the tab view/content/panel and the tab
is only this UI element to switch between Font, Font Effects, Position etc.? Anyway, you should
consider ordinary tab views as the prototype for the sidebar.

Well, it's just interesting to see from where the vocabulary takes its mental images. In this case much of the words stem from early-mid 20th-century bureautics and stationary, culminating by the Rolodex <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolodex>. Before that, people attached separate tabs onto specific pages in f.x. ledgers for indexing purposes.

So the tab (the protruding thing) was originally meant to be able to find a specific page or card (or groups of these). Later there came pages/cards with prepared tabs, but I think that the word tab only applied to the protruding part, not the content itself.

> We could also drop the term and just talk about Content Panel(s).

Content frame, content section or content panel in a tabbed sidepanel/sidebar - does not really matter for me as a translator, as long as I have this illustration before my eyes: <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LO-HIG_SideeBar-Terminology.png> (you notice the extra "e" in "LO-HIG_SideeBar" ?.

Would be great to link to it in Weblate for strings referencing those definitions, screenshots are supported in Weblate <https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/translating.html#screenshots>.

Best,
Sveinn í Felli