On 03/04/2011 10:37 AM, Dwayne Bailey wrote:
Also, the terminology matching isn't as quite clear-cut process as
many tools make it to look (Pootle, too, as far as I can understand --
I know Pootle only superficially). E.g., is there a support for the
context variants (translate as A1 in context C1, as A2 in C2 etc.)?
Terminology matching is ultimately a human decision, a machine can only
do so much. Context itself is difficult for a machine to determine.

I mean is there even a technical support in Pootle for the context variants, as described?

Also, could you please elaborate on the XLIFF process you mentioned You said: "But if you download an XLIFF version for offline translation then Sasha's suggestions would be listed as alternative translations. You can use Virtaal to edit these offline XLIFF files." Does this mean to even use these "alternative translations", one has to switch to the XLIFF format?

The skills needed to understand the issues of translation and
terminology use and development are the reasons why I prefer to have all
translators go through a vetting stage (suggestions only) before being
given full translate rights.

Ohh, you are so right.

-Yury