On Friday 15 of February 2013, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:
 That should be made more obvious in the wording then. I normally use
-1/-2 as the reverse of +1/+2

Well, there are not symetrical:

 Yes, I get that now. I didn't before, and that'll happen for more people,
because it's non-intuitive.

I guess the problem is the balance between 'clarity' and perceived
'abruptness'. The 'text' associated with the value has been tweaked in
favor of the later... but Committers should really use the values and
they 'abrupt' meaning to decide when to use them.

 Indeed, there's always the option of documenting why it's non-obvious
somewhere where half of the people'll never find it, rather than simply
making it easy.

PPS: please do not shoot the messenger...

 I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm telling him that the way it is he'll
sooner or later need to go on more errands.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz