On Friday 15 of February 2013, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 02:30:33PM -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
-2 means I oppose the 'idea' of the patch. no amount of tweaking can
address my concerns.. one could use a -2 on a technically perfectly
valid/correct patch that remove dbaccess from libreoffice for
instance. -2 is effectively a veto because it is a sticky state that
remain even if a new version of the patch is uploaded... so as long as
there is a -2 one cannot Submit the patch, short of hacking gerrit or
pushing the patch directly to master, by-passsing gerrit-review
altogether.

Can we maybe make the text:
"There are concerns about the intend or implications of this change that
need clarification. Please do not merge this before consensus is reached by
discussion."

 That's rather long for a radiobutton text, isn't it? Besides, at least the
first sentence should be superfluous, as -2 should have an accompanying
comment explaining why from whoever gave it.

Having a 'please' makes this much more friendly (although as Norbert said
to push the change you would need to bypass gerrit anyway, but we dont have
to rub that it) and 'consensus'/'discussion' gives a clear road on how to
proceed for the contributor.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz