As a user, one option who left and it`s commonly used is the page
numeration, and by default it should be disabled in the first page because
it`s the frontpage... and an easy way to disable numeration or activate it
for page or pair and odd pages.

Just my opinion, that is fraquently asked by the users, because the common
user need it, I guess this could have a button in the UI and an option to
configurate in the same page and TOP or BOTTOM.

Thanks